A Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulator, more commonly referred to as a TENS unit, is an electronic device that produces electrical signals used to stimulate nerves through unbroken skin. TENS is considered a method of pain relief and also helps stimulate muscles and blood flow. TENS has a wide following in Europe, the U.S.A and Australia in particular for use in pain management, physiotherapy and obstetric care. In palliative care and pain medicine, TENS units are sometimes used in an attempt to alleviate neuropathic pain (pain due to nerve damage). A meta-analysis of studies going back many years indicates that TENS is an effective treatment for chronic musculoskeletal pain.
The Metron PRO10's TENS machine is a compact, portable and powerful unit, with adjustable pulse width, pulse rate, intensity, modes and an accurate timer to stop the output at the pre-set time.
- Dual channel, isolated between channels
- Pulse amplitude 0-80mA peak to peak into 500ohm load
- Pulse rate is adjustable, from 2Hz ~ 150 Hz.
- Pulse width is adjustable, from 30 uS ~ 260 uS
- Modes - B, N,
- Timer has 15, 30, 60 minutes selectable (or 15, 30, constant)
- Wave form asymmetrical bi-phasic square pulse
- Voltage 0-40 V peak into 500 ohm load
The Metron PRO10’s Electrotherapy Kit Contains